Recipe: 5-ingredient Gluten-Free Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Summary: Improbable as it seems, you can make an extremely delicious peanut butter cookie without any flour. You just need 5 simple ingredients, and a gluten-free dessert is a mere 15 minutes away.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Jif, Skippy or your favorite commercial brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Garnish: coarse sugar crystals (I used raw washed sugar crystals)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and set sheet aside.
- Using electric mixer, blend all ingredients (except sugar crystals for garnish) together for 1 minute or so.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion tablespoon-sized balls of dough, and place them on parchment-lined baking sheet. You could roll these into balls if you like, but it is not necessary if you want to skip that step. Press top of each cookie with fork tines twice crosswise to form a classic crosshatch pattern.
- Sprinkle tops of unbaked cookies with coarse sugar crystals or additional granulated sugar if desired. (Yes, you should desire this.)
- Bake for 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking pan at least 5 minutes (they are fragile until cooled). Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 32 cookies about 2 1/2 inches in diameter each.
You could toss in some chocolate chips for variety, if you like!